Tell Us How We Are Doing

The Fitchburg Police Department is dedicated to serving the community in a professional manner. We welcome your compliments, suggestions, ideas, and complaints. Please let us know how we can serve you better.

Have a Concern or Question?

As a service oriented organization we strive to ensure that everyone we interact with has the opportunity to understand our actions at an appropriate time and place.  We aim to provide respect and professionalism in every encounter and although our actions may not always be agreeable, we are always willing to explain them.

If you have a concern or question about any matter related to the Department please call us at (608)270-4300.

Report a Concern

If you have a general concern that you would like to share with us and cannot find a specific form by clicking on the Report a Concern button to the left you can complete the following form.  We understand that you may not want to leave your name, however it is very beneficial to be able to follow-up with you regarding your concern. Even if you provide us with your contact information you may still remain anonymous for reporting purposes.

Report a General Concern

Compliment or Commend a Department Member

The members of our Department pride themselves on providing the highest level of service. Although they do not expect recognition it is highly appreciated and motivating to know their efforts are noticed. You can compliment or commend a Department member by completing the form below.

Commend or Compliment a Department Member

You may also contact the Department at (608)270-4300 and speak to an available supervisor.

File a Formal Complaint 

You may file a formal complaint against a Department member using the below form. Anonymous complaints are not accepted. All complaints will be thoroughly investigated.  The department is required by Wisconsin State Statute [66.0511(3)] to inform you that, "whoever knowingly makes a false complaint regarding the conduct of a law enforcement officer is subject to a class A forfeiture" Wisconsin State Statute [946.66(2)].

File a Complaint

Complaints can also be filed by:

  • Contacting the Fitchburg Police Department at (608)270-4300 and speaking to an available supervisor.
  • Requesting a paper copy of the Complaint Statement Form at the Fitchburg Police Department

Website Feedback

As we continue to improve our new website, we welcome your feedback regarding the layout and content. Let us know if there is anything you would like to see added to the site.

Website Comments