POLICE SERVICES FACILITY DESIGN PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETING
Date/Time: Monday, November 27, 7:00-8:00 PM
Location: Wyndham Garden, 2969 Cahill Main
Purpose: The public is invited to join the project team to learn more about the proposed Police Services Facility before a detailed building design is developed. The team will share the project purpose, timeline, opportunities, and constraints.
Preparations are underway for constructing a new Police Services Facility at the northeast corner of Lacy Road and Research Park Drive, across from the library. The new project will accommodate the current and future needs of the Police Department while also creating much-needed space for the expansion of other departments at City Hall. Funding for the project, anticipated to begin in late 2024, has been included in the City’s capital improvement plan.
In 2015, an analysis of Fitchburg City Hall examined the future space needs of the Police Department and City Hall. The study concluded a standalone police services facility should be 68,000 square feet by 2020 and 78,000 square feet in 2035 to adequately accommodate personnel, equipment and vehicles. The Police Department currently occupies 17,000 square feet in 1.5 levels of City Hall.
The project will provide a modern, purpose-built police services facility that will:
• Create a space to foster community engagement through increased accessibility and meeting space.
• Provide a safe and secure environment for personnel, visitors, and those in the care of the Department.
• Meet contemporary standards and best practices to enable an accreditation process.
• Enhance Department training efforts to ensure Fitchburg Police personnel are highly competent officers capable of meeting the community’s expectations.
• Attract a talented workforce while retaining our valued employees.
• Provide expansion space for other rapidly growing City departments.
The City of Fitchburg invites community members to join us in a review of the proposed timeline and design. The City is seeking public engagement to generate broad community feedback and ensure that the project accurately reflects the needs, concerns, and priorities of the community and its police department.
As part of this process, the project team will present the project and be available to answer questions. Access the project website at http://fitchburgwi.gov/2888/New-Police-Services-Facility-Process to learn more. To receive project updates by text and email, subscribe to the project at www.fitchburgwi.gov/list.aspx.
Para obtener información en español, visite la página web: web site, seleccione en la esquina inferior derecha de la pantalla y seleccione español. Se proveerá de intérpretes de español en todas las reuniones públicas.
Share flyers for the meeting: