Public Transportation Services
Introducing a Brand New Way to Get Around in Fitchburg
As of December 2017, the City of Fitchburg's Ride Share Pilot Program is offering residents more options to travel within the city. The new service, operated by Richwood Transport LLC, offers rides 24 hours per day and 7 days per week, offering a convenient option to travel within the city.
Riders will have a choice to pay by credit card or with cash and can expect a vehicle to arrive at your desired pickup location within 20 minutes. Ridge Share details below:
- $2.00/person at designated stops - $1.00/person for seniors, disabled & minors
- Additional charges for custom drop-off/pick-up option for other locations within the City
- Cash and credit card accepted
- Ride share provider is unable to give change, please have exact fare
- To request a ride call 608-504-2453 and press '6' or visit www.richwoodtransport.com/fitchburg-rideshare.
Fitchburg Ride Share Mapping Application
Ride Share Flyer with Service area map Ride Share Flyer in Spanish
Ride Share Full Brochure Ride Share Full Brochure in Spanish
Frequently Asked Questions
Anyone can choose from these three different ways to contact Ride Share:
- Call 608-504-2453 & press 6 to contact dispatch to schedule
- Visit the website online at: www.richwoodtransportcom/Fitchburg-rideshare, or
- Scan the quick Response (QR) code below to access the mobile website from your cell
Metro Transit Service
The City of Fitchburg contracts with Metro Transit to provide bus transit services in various locations throughout the city. An overview of the locations and level of service for bus transportation is illustrated on the Metro Transit Fitchburg Bus Service Map.
Metro Routes Serving Fitchburg
2010 - 2014 City of Fitchburg Transit Plan
By Resolution R-36-10, approved on Tuesday, May 25, 2010, the City of Fitchburg adopted its first transit plan titled the 2010-2014 City of Fitchburg Transit Plan. This transit plan is intended to develop a vision for the level of transit service that should be provided in Fitchburg, allow the city to be better prepared to implement improvements to the system and budget appropriately for those improvements, and will provide a useful tool to the newly-formed Regional Transit Authority Board as they begin to consider the local and regional transit needs of the Dane County area.
Fitchburg is committed to improving public transportation services. If you have suggestions, questions, comments, or concerns related to improving or expanding transit services in Fitchburg please or attend a Transportation and Transit Commission (TTC) Meeting.