- Using water efficiently will conserve supplies for future generations.
- Protecting and preserving the nation's water supply is critical to our economic future and human health.
- WaterSense labeled products and services perform as well as or better than their less efficient counterparts.
- Purchasing WaterSense labeled products can help you protect the environment and help you save money on utility bills.
Fitchburg Toilet Rebate Program
- $100 rebate for residential properties who replace and dispose of their high water using toilets with EPA WaterSense - rated High Efficiency Toilet (HET) models
- Participants in the program must be Fitchburg Utility District residential or commercial customers
- Rebates are for replacement of existing larger capacity toilets (3.5 gallons per flush or greater) manufactured prior to 1994, and are not for new construction
To apply for a toilet rebate please submit the original, dated sales receipt for the HET toilet showing the manufacturers model name and number, and a completed with information on manufacture year of your existing toilet to the Fitchburg Utility. All fields in the application must be completed in order to qualify for the toilet rebate.
- Water your grass, not your sidewalk.
- Water in the early morning or late evening, not during the middle of the day.
- Set your lawn mower high for a healthier yard.
- Reduce the amount of grass you have with more landscaping.
- Maintain healthy soils.
- Use smart sprinkler devices with sensors and timers or consult a professional irrigation specialist.
- Use rain barrels to collect rainwater for your garden.
- US EPA Water Sense
- Alliance for Water Efficiency Home Water Works
- River Network
- WI DNR Water Conservation and Efficiency
- UW Extension Environmental Resources Center
- Clean Wisconsin Webpage