Toilet rebate eligibility requirements:
• Participant must be a Fitchburg Utility District customer.
• Residential participants must own a single-family home, condo, or apartment built prior to January 1994.
• Participant must replace existing larger-capacity toilets manufactured prior to 1994. Rebates are not for new construction.
• The program is limited to one rebate per year (five for complex/apartment owner per calendar year).
• Eligible replacement toilets must be 1.28- gallon HETs listed on the EPA WaterSense website. (epa.gov/watersense/product_search.html)
• Proof of the existing toilet size and manufacture date is required to receive a rebate. If you cannot find this information, call the utility at 270-4270 before disposing of old toilet.
• Dated receipt with model name and number of new toilet must be submitted.
For more information, visit www.fitchburgwi.gov/Conservation.