Fitchburg’s 2017 Waterway Cleanups are scheduled for Saturday, April 1st from 9am—11am and Sat., April 22nd from 10 am-noon, rain or shine. More details on the Waterway Cleanups are available at www.fitchburgwi.gov/stormwater. This year’s cleanups are scheduled at the following locations:
Saturday, April 1, 9:00-11:00 am:
- Dunn’s Marsh – Meet at Apache Pond, 4523 Crescent Rd.
- Highlands of Seminole – Meet on Yarmouth Greenway near intersection of McKee Rd (Hwy PD)
- Swan Creek – Meet on the pedestrian path near the intersection of Syene Rd and Ninebark Dr.
- Quarry Hill – Meet at Quarry Hill Park at the pond, 5425 Quarry Hill Dr.
- Saturday, April 22, 10:00 am – noon
- Seminole Forest – Meet at Seminole Pool, 5948 Schumann Dr.
Some thank-you gifts and refreshments will be provided to participants. Please be aware that restrooms may not be available in the cleanup areas. Anyone interested in organizing an event in your neighborhood can contact Erika Kluetmeier, Sustainability Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270-4274. The city will provide supplies and pick up trash and recyclables after the event.