Thank you for your interest in volunteering to keep our waterways clean!
How to Participate
- Check out the cleanup locations, listed at the bottom of this page. Choose the location where you would like to participate and make a note of the meeting location, which is shown on the map.
- Sign up for the "Waterway Cleanup" notification list, available here, to receive updates and reminders about this event.
- Preparation tips:
- Be sure to wear closed toe shoes and long pants. You might also consider wearing a hat and sunglasses!
- Bring a trash grabber and a pair of work gloves, if you have them.
- Get out your mosquito spray and tick spray if you expect to be going into wooded areas.
- What to expect the day of the event:
- Show up to the meet up location on time (check out the maps at the bottom of this page to determine the meet up location).
- A fellow volunteer has volunteered to lead the cleanup event. They will have you sign a waiver form and fill out an attendance sheet.
- You will be provided with gloves, a safety vest, and two bags (one for trash and one for recycling).
- Take photos and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for possible inclusion on the City's Facebook page or the Fitchburg Star. Thank you for participating!
Outdoor Wheel Chair Availability
Access Ability Wisconsin (www.accessabilitywi.org) can make available outdoor motorized wheel chairs for those (or those have family members) who would like to participate in the waterway cleanup. Participants would need to reach out directly to Access Ability Wisconsin to arrange for use of the wheel chairs. Scheduling can be done through the Access Ability Wisconsin website, or if you have questions on how to sign up, please reach out to Resource Conservation Commissioner, Ron French at email@example.com. Please note, this information should not be considered a recommendation or endorsement by the City of Fitchburg. The information is being provided as a public service only.
Cleanup Location Maps
Photos of the 2021 Waterway Cleanup
Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time to make the 2021 Waterway Cleanup a success! Check out the photos below to see what we were able to accomplish!