Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
You are not required to let someone from the Assessor’s Office into your property. A certified letter may be sent if there is no response to initial attempts to contact the property owner. If the property is not viewed internally, an estimate of value will have to be made using only the best information available. The goal of the Assessing Department is to have the most accurate information available when assigning a value.
A good time to discuss your assessment with an appraiser from the Assessor's Office is during the open-book session. If after discussing the value with an appraiser you are still in disagreement, you may appeal your assessment at the Board of Review. For additional information regarding the appeal process, you may refer to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue’s publication entitled: Property Assessment Appeal Guide for Wisconsin Real Property Owners.
Obviously we cannot cover every question or circumstance that may arise during your particular event. Therefore, we reserve the right to amend, change, add or delete any or all rules listed in, or implied in the above information or in any information printed or communicated verbally in regards to the Fitchburg Community Center. During your event, the supervisory staff on site will have the final judgment in the enforcement of any and all policies and procedures, and will provide recommendations to the building administrator, for the dispensation of your damage deposit.
Use a computer at a local library
Use a computer at a local Wisconsin Workforce Center
Family or friends may also have a computer with Internet access available for your use
Due to the volume of applications received for each job opening, and variations in the selection process being used for each job opening, notices may go out several weeks after the recruitment closing date. Please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to provide an accurate e-mail/physical address, and to notify the Human Resources Department of a change of address.
Depending on the position, offers of employment may also be contingent on successfully passing a combination of the following:
Physical examinationDrug testPsychological evaluationCredit check
Other library card holders have reserved the item.
Checkbook with name and current addressCurrent lease with name and addressMail, provided it includes your name, current address, and is postmarked within the last 30 days
We have a Meeting Room and a Conference Room available for the public to reserve at no cost. Please review the Meeting Room Policy before making your reservation. Room reservations can be made on our Meeting Rooms page. ________________________
The city will not treat private ash trees in your yard. You will need to contact a certified arborist to treat your private tree or you can treat the tree (up to 50" circumference) yourself with a soil drench method. Homeowner Guide to EAB Insecticide Treatments
If your property is located in a standard zoning district setbacks can be found in the Chapter 22 Zoning Ordinance. If your property is located in the Planned Development District (PDD) or SmartCode - New Community (SC-NC) Districts, please contact Planning & Zoning staff.
City of FitchburgPlanning/Zoning Department5520 Lacy RoadFitchburg, WI 53711 Zoning Letter Request
- The activity must be clearly secondary and incidental to residential use.
- The activity must not significant alter the residential character of the dwelling unit, dwelling structure or the parcel.
- The activity must not unreasonably interfere with residential occupancy of other parcels in the neighborhood.
- The activity must not create environmental, safety or health hazards such as noise, light, odors, vibrations, electrical emissions, or other fire or safety hazards that are noticeably out of character with those produced by normal residential occupancy.
- Traffic generated by the vocational activity may not exceed that which is customary to residential occupancies in the neighborhood.
- Signage for the vocational activity will be governed by the sign ordinance.
- The parcel and structure must contain adequate area to accommodate the vocational activity without interfering with residential occupancy of other parcels in the neighborhood.
- Garage sales as a type of vocational activity are allowable in all residential districts provided that not more than two are held on a single premises per year and that each such sale shall not exceed four days in duration.
- Day care is allowable as a vocational activity on a residential premises. Conditional use approval will be required, however, if Wis. Stats. 66.1017 apply.
Please call Pellitteri Waste Systems at 257-4285 or check the Collection Day Map
Call Pellitteri Waste Systems (257-4285) to arrange a special pick-up collection or for additional options check the Recycling Guide
Paper copies are available at the City Hall Lobby, 5520 Lacy Rd. Electronic copies are here
Call Public Works during regular business hours (M-F, 7:30 - 4:15). For after hours calls please refer to the Traffic Signals Web page