Syene Road: McCoy to Aurora
- Conversion of the rural roadway to an urban roadway with curb and gutter and storm sewer. The roadway concept includes 1 vehicle lane and 1 bicycle lane in each direction, with a median in some locations.
- Intersection improvements at Lacy Road, East Cheryl Parkway, Ninebark Drive and McCoy Road. Remaining intersection may include turn lanes and will be designed to promote bicycle/pedestrian connectivity between neighborhoods.
- Stormwater improvements.
- Sanitary sewer and watermain replacement at select locations. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The project is currently in the design phase. Construction is anticipated in 2022-2023.
A virtual Public Involvement Meeting was held on February 25, 2021 from 6:30-8:00 PM to share information and analysis to date and some initial detail on project concepts. This first meeting covered cross-sections, intersection control alternatives, and lighting alternatives along the corridor. The design team received some great feedback on these items to guide the initial design. A second meeting will be held in September 2021 to share more refined design details.
Virtual Public Meeting Video
Public Meeting Survey Results Link
City staff is hosting (generally biweekly) Resident Outreach Small Group Meetings May-July 2021. This time offers a smaller group setting to discuss detailed tradeoffs with elements of the design. Notes and exhibits from the meeting will be provided below. Staff will use the insights gained from small group meetings, larger public meetings, surveys and direct communications with residents to recommend cross-sections and intersection control to the Boards, Commissions, and Council this summer. Below is a draft schedule of when to expect this project discussed in upcoming public meetings.
July 27 - Common Council Referral of Typical Section Resolution to Boards and Commissions
August 3 - Bicycle Committee Review of Typical Section Resolution
August 12 - Transportation and Transit Commission Review of Typical Section Resolution
August 16 - Board of Public Works Review of Typical Section Resolution
August 24 - Common Council Review of Typical Section Resolution
September - Public Meeting to review draft design and intersection control
- Cross Section C Exhibit
- E Cheryl Roundabout Alternative
- E. Cheryl Signal Alternative
- Syene Road - Overview Exhibit
- Syene Road Lighting Exhibit
- Syene Road PIM Presentation 02252021
- 2019 Fitchburg Syene Road Study
- Draft_Syene_Layout Options_Ninebark to Argus_3-4-21
- Draft_Syene_Layout Options_Ninebark to Argus_updated 4-13
- Draft_Syene_Layout Options_Ninebark to Argus_updated 4-26
- Informal Advisory Group Meeting 3 Notes
- Informal Advisory Group Meeting 4 Notes
- Syene Estimate Template
- Informal Advisory Group Meeting 5 Notes
- S Syene Small Group Meeting Slides_6-24-21
- Andrew McFadden, Transportation Engineer, Andrew.McFadden@fitchburgwi.gov, (608) 270-4261
- Samantha Herheim, KL Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org, (608) 663-1218 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>