Syene Road: McCoy to Aurora
- Conversion of the rural roadway to an urban roadway with curb and gutter and storm sewer. The roadway concept includes 1 vehicle lane and 1 bicycle lane in each direction, with a median in some locations.
- Intersection improvements at Lacy Road, East Cheryl Parkway, Ninebark Drive and McCoy Road. Remaining intersection may include turn lanes and will be designed to promote bicycle/pedestrian connectivity between neighborhoods.
- Stormwater improvements.
- Sanitary sewer and watermain replacement at select locations. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The project is currently in the design phase. Construction on phase 1 is anticipated in 2022-2023. Construction are phase 2 is anticipated in 2024.
A virtual Public Involvement Meeting was held on February 25, 2021 from 6:30-8:00 PM to share information and analysis to date and some initial detail on project concepts. This first meeting covered cross-sections, intersection control alternatives, and lighting alternatives along the corridor. The design team received some great feedback on these items to guide the initial design.
Virtual Public Meeting Video
Public Meeting Survey Results Link
A second meeting was held on September 29, 2021 to share more refined design details
City staff hosted (generally biweekly) Resident Outreach Small Group Meetings May-August 2021. This time offered a smaller group setting to discuss detailed tradeoffs with elements of the design. Notes and exhibits from the meeting will be provided below. Staff will use the insights gained from small group meetings, larger public meetings, surveys and direct communications with residents to recommend cross-sections and intersection control to the Boards, Commissions, and Council this summer.
The project construction timeline has been revised to include reconstruction of Syene from Aurora through East Cheryl Parkway including reconstruction of portions of Lacy Rd and E. Cheryl in 2022. Reconstruction of Syene from E. Cheryl Parkway through the McCoy Rd intersection and Capital City Trail will be constructed in 2024 due to a longer lead time for Federal funding of that portion of the project.
On October 26, 2021 Council approved a traditional signal be installed at the intersection of E. Cheryl Pkwy & Syene Rd.
On February 22, 2022 Council approved resolution (R-24-22) approving the Transportation Project Plat for the Syene Rd reconstruction. This document allows the design team to appraise and negotiate with owners for new easements and property acquisitions.
The design team is currently working on 2022-2023 construction phasing and a draft construction schedule will be posted in Spring 2022.
Public Information Meeting #1 and Small Group Meetings
- Cross Section C Exhibit
- E Cheryl Roundabout Alternative
- E. Cheryl Signal Alternative
- Syene Road - Overview Exhibit
- Syene Road Lighting Exhibit
- Syene Road PIM Presentation 02252021
- 2019 Fitchburg Syene Road Study
- Draft_Syene_Layout Options_Ninebark to Argus_3-4-21
- Draft_Syene_Layout Options_Ninebark to Argus_updated 4-13
- Draft_Syene_Layout Options_Ninebark to Argus_updated 4-26
- Informal Advisory Group Meeting 3 Notes
- Informal Advisory Group Meeting 4 Notes
- Syene Estimate Template
- Informal Advisory Group Meeting 5 Notes
- S Syene Small Group Meeting Slides_7-15-21
- Syene Road Cross Sec and Intersection Report 07292021
Public Information Meeting #2
- Andrew McFadden, Transportation Engineer, Andrew.McFadden@fitchburgwi.gov, (608) 270-4261
- Samantha Herheim, KL Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org, (608) 663-1218 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>